4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 8:43 AM by timcimbura

How to sync Filemaker server and Wordpress

wallace

Hi,

I need to sync some data of a Filemaker server with Wordpress.

Basically I need to do what this plugin does:

http://www.wordpressfilemaker.com/

but on the Filemaker server and not on the client.

How can I do that?

• 1. Re: How to sync Filemaker server and Wordpress
          timcimbura

If you know that that plug-in works fine for your needs, you could run it on your server as a "robot". Install a local copy of FileMaker on the server, open it, and connect to your database through the Remote...as if you were on a client workstation. You can set things to run on a timer or schedule as well.

Also depends on what kind of data you need to sync. We've done projects with custom WordPress data types...like a membership directory for example. We connect to the WordPress MySQL database on the backend via ESS and do syncing through scripts.

• 2. Re: How to sync Filemaker server and Wordpress
            RonSmithMD

Hmmm. I thought that for a plugin to run on the Server it had to specifically programmed to do so. That usually involves a different license fee in my experience.

Ron

Ron Smith, MD, 'The Pediatric Guide For Parents'

Want to know more about me and my family? Take a look at the free ebook about my daughter below.

Forever And A Day For Laura Michelle

• 3. Re: How to sync Filemaker server and Wordpress
              wallace

Thanks for your answers.

I think that I will try to use the plugin on the clients and see if it fits our needs.

I'd rather avoid to sync the databases as it requires a lot of work...

• 4. Re: How to sync Filemaker server and Wordpress
                timcimbura

In this case the plug-in could be running on the server...but it would be acting as a client running on the server. The server is just acting as a dedicated robot workstation. It could be any workstation...but the server works just as well. Running a server-based plug-in that is individually accessible to all clients would be something different.