3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2013 5:36 AM by gdurniak

Solution for .jpg and other image format....

louie23

I created Registry Records of registry books, and all of the books were scanned in jpg format output and some in .tiff format. My concern is, what is the solution, let's say from the FileMaker Database, which were encoded, I wish to search Louie's Record such as his address, birth date, parents, and the rest of his important records entered into the database, so to verify if the data entered is correct the image scanned will be shown in a single click for validation?

• 1. Re: Solution for .jpg and other image format....
          BruceHerbach

Hi,

If you put the container field on a layout,  it will display the contents for a jpeg or tiff image.  You just have to make sure you are displaying the correct record.   In order to search for any of the data,  it has to be entered into a data field.  For this you would have to scan and OCR the documents and pull the information or have someone enter the data.

I think the trick here is to set up a relationship between the data table and the image table. 

If you can provide more information about the database and setup it would be helpful

Bruce

• 2. Re: Solution for .jpg and other image format....
            louie23

Thanks Bruce. It is like "digital archiving." I created first the database and for verifying the info the records were scanned, now I am confronted how to integrate it. Maybe, the solution for this is to create a container field, as you also mentioned it, and then insert each .jpg (.tiff) record. 

• 3. Re: Solution for .jpg and other image format....
              gdurniak

be sure to store the images "outside" the file,  with either FileMaker 12,  or the Supercontainer Plugin

greg

> Maybe, the solution for this is to create a container field, as you also mentioned it, and then insert each .jpg (.tiff) record.