I am working with a solution that using secure external storage.
It appears that some of the container data has been corrupted. I am observing the following:
- Attempting to export the field contents give an 824 error. (File is damaged or not a FileMaker file)
- The file can be viewed using the interactive container field display for PDF files
- Just an JPG icon is displayed if container interaction is set to JPG
- Files that are not corrupt will display the JPG preview.
- I can use the Save to Disk icon in the PDF interaction controls to save the corrupted file, even if the JPG preview is not viewable.
- Saving the file using PDF interaction controls saves the file, but with the encrypted filename (as in: FM-18F28C01-9F12-C04C-B469-83472F03120E.pdf)
- There are 72 document files in this solution. Corrupt files were not added on any particular day or by any particular user.
I would suspect that the issue is corrupt or missing JPG previews for the PDF files.
- Do you believe that issue is corrupt JPG previews?
- What could cause this issue?
- Is there a way to fix the corrupted container data? (I could use PDF interaction to save each file individually and then import it back in.)
Thanks for your help!