1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 9:40 AM by Jaymo

Build a report which displays the current customer records only

shindig73

Hi

Another newbie here but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem.

I have a customer table which obviously holds a list of customers but each customer may have a dedicated person accessing that file alone - no other user can access this customer information. I know that this can be managed in the security setting but I want to display & possibly print a report whereby the user can only access all the customer details in the DB for this particular customer. If that makes sense??

Many thanks in advance for your help.

S

• 1. Re: Build a report which displays the current customer records only
          Jaymo

Have you tried Record Level Access? You'll see this option in Manage>Security. Just edit a modifiable privilege set and choose Custom Privileges from the Records access popup menu. In the resulting dialog, you can assign a Limited calculation to View, Edit and Delete. Create a boolean formula that results in true for the records you want the currently logged on user to view, edit or delete. For example, you might use the following formula to limit the currently logged on account to only see records they created:

Get(AccountName) = account_created_field