4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 5:52 AM by flyguy202

I get an empty record - why?

flyguy202

HI

Attached are two files - one a screen shot of a script that when it is run, creates an extra empty record in the tbl_Client_Selection table. I'm not certain where to place the NewRecordRequest script step in the loop to avoid this. (I don't know how to cut and paste the script out of the script editor so that I can place it here.)

My second question is more complicated. The attached filemaker 12 file works fine, except that I can not edit the fields in the created records which the script creates in the tbl_Client_Selections table because the

portal displays related records rather than fields in the table. I want to add records for individual "clients" without changing the Master List or the Item list.

So how can I add records to an individual client with custom "categories" and custom "items" without changing those records in the tables of those lists and then display the records in the same portal. Frankly, I don't think I can. If I am right, then I have to put values into the tbl_Client_Selection fields that aren't keys to related records but actual text values, thus losing the advantage of a relational database.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Steve