tbcomputerguy

Logging Database

Discussion created by tbcomputerguy on Feb 18, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 by tbcomputerguy

Hi there, trying to get my head around this and can't seem to do it. I have a logging (trees) database that we are setting up. It will store the bill of lading#, weight, M3 (Payment), etc. For each Bill of Lading there is a Cutter, Skidder, Delimber and a Trucker to Haul. The database as it is has a main table with a child table holding having links to cutters, skidders and delimbers names. I believe I should have a cutting table, skidding table and delimb table and hauling table as child tables. Now one company for instance can be a cutter, skidder and delimber...this happens rarely, but doing the cutting and skidding does happen alot. My real problem is I can't seem to get the Total Payments(M3) from two or all three tables to show up on one report. For instance the company AB Loggimg, does the cutting and skidding. How do i get thier total payments for each show on one report. On average there approx 100 bills of lading each period.

Like so -

Compamy: AB Logging

Total for Cutting: 2755.55

Total for Skidding: 2755.55

Total for Delimbing: -

Notice if you cut and skid you get the same amount as they are not different pays for each.

I have attached the program as is.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Dave

Outcomes