6 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2013 4:09 PM by zhaohongbin

ask for PM:about login layout

zhaohongbin

I want to design a login layout , which has name,password,and two buttons "Cancel" "OK"

and if wrong ,may show self-defined notice.

can you tell me how to do it ?

thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: ask for PM:about login layout
          MallieWilliams

That is easy..what a waste of time.

• 2. Re: ask for PM:about login layout
            Stephen Huston

The only challenge is wrapping one's head around the question of how a user can get to this layout if they haven't logged into the file.

When I've done this, I set a default account to login that has extremely limited permissions -- only to view the initial layout and to run the opening script.

With that account set ot auto-login, you then have the opening script test for that AccountName, and, if it's the one in use, have the login process you built take over, preferably using a Relogin script process rather than building the login interface completely on the layout.

You can set a variable to count how many times they try if they fail to relogin, and dump them out of the application when they fail too many times in a row.

• 3. Re: ask for PM:about login layout
              zhaohongbin

thanks a lot for your help.

can you show me a simple example? such as just include the login layout and table?

thanks.

赵 洪滨

simon3c2007@163.com

在 2013-5-8,上午3:35,Stephen Huston <noreply@filemaker.com> 写道:

created by Stephen Huston in FileMaker Product Management Q&A Topic Suggestions - View the full discussion

The only challenge is wrapping one's head around the question of how a user can get to this layout if they haven't logged into the file.

When I've done this, I set a default account to login that has extremely limited permissions -- only to view the initial layout and to run the opening script.

With that account set ot auto-login, you then have the opening script test for that AccountName, and, if it's the one in use, have the login process you built take over, preferably using a Relogin script process rather than building the login interface completely on the layout.

You can set a variable to count how many times they try if they fail to relogin, and dump them out of the application when they fail too many times in a row.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in FileMaker Product Management Q&A Topic Suggestions by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2013 • San Diego, California • August 12-15 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 4. Re: ask for PM:about login layout
                DavidJondreau

It's usually best if you tell us what you've already tried to do.

• 5. Re: ask for PM:about login layout
                  Stephen Huston

Attached is a file I built to show how to bypass any saved "keychain" passwords. It uses a simple auto-login with re-login script.

The account name to enter at the prompt is: Admin

and the password is: admin

You can then look at everything to see how I put this together. It takes just a few minutes to add this functionality to any file.

• 6. Re: ask for PM:about login layout
                    zhaohongbin

thanks very much

上海友陆 赵洪滨

在 2013-5-9,2:49,Stephen Huston <noreply@filemaker.com> 写道:

created by Stephen Huston in FileMaker Product Management Q&A Topic Suggestions - View the full discussion

Attached is a file I built to show how to bypass any saved "keychain" passwords. It uses a simple auto-login with re-login script.

The account name to enter at the prompt is: Admin

and the password is: admin

You can then look at everything to see how I put this together. It takes just a few minutes to add this functionality to any file.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in FileMaker Product Management Q&A Topic Suggestions by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2013 • San Diego, California • August 12-15 • www.filemaker.com/devcon