Gingernut

Users changing printers on a network

Discussion created by Gingernut on Feb 26, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 by mikebeargie

I work for a copier company and so printers are changed on an almost weekly basis and causes print problems.

I cannot allow users to select the printer at the time of print in some scripts because it may be printing invoices in a loop and they will go insane if they have to select for every invoice.

I have not really got my head around how restore works in spite of having read many posts on many forums. Being on a windows network with some of the printers also being on the network rather than local further complicates things.

I recently had to go thorugh all my scripts and edit them because a printer had been changed and we wanted to NOT print colour etc

Would it work if I had 8 scripts that then only these would need to be edited and these would be used instead of Print and I would not need a print setup step.

I would be so happy to resolve these issues as they have been the bane of my life for years and whilst I am doing a re-write in Filemaker 12 would like to resolve these steps without a plugin

eg

Print Black portrait current record

Print Black portrait records being browsed

Print Black landscape current record

Print Black landscape records being browsed

Print Colour portrait current record

Print Colour portrait records being browsed

Print Colour landscape current record

Print Colour landscape records being browsed

Many thanks

Regards

Cathy