Further info - I just checked the settings on the privilage set for the user. I have -
"require re-authentication after the specified minutes in sleep/background. Go only (fmreauthenticate180)"
and I also have set on -
"disconnect user from filemaker server when idle" Which I have now just changed to off. hopefully this may be the issue ? more testing tommorow
This is still happening regardless of disconnect when idle. I have had to go back to a local db till this can be resolved. (Which is liimting further deplyment of course)
Bit sad that nobody could give me any idea's . Anyway 888 said that they would set the Cache size smaller - Previously it was set to the maximum.
I made some changes to commit the records and move to next feild - through many more fileds througout the layouts. As the users would not be hitting blank areas of the layout. This allowed for more data to be saved should they get the "record has been updated error." And get the session less likly to go idle as well. Been running two weeks the error has not resurfaced.
I don't understand why a cache would cause the system to hold onto a users session longer. thought it would just allow more data to be held before requiringing a commit. Anyway its currently working. A sync based solution would have been better and more robust I believe - But out of my $budget / experience at present.