1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 8:45 PM by LaRetta

Event Management template creates damaged file?

Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 - FMPA 12.0v3 (tested on two separate computers)

When I select a starter solution template Event Management and it creates a new file, the new file is created with damage. If I run Recover even before the file is even used, it reports the file is damaged and should not be used. Many folks newer to FM are using these templates and building onto them and we are not giving them a very good start. I do not know about others but any time my file even burps, I trash it and grab a backup and I recover (on a copy) every week to check for issues even though I never let the file out of my sight. If a file ever displays 'don't use it' then I would not use it.

I have a client which has built onto this template. First thing I did was run Recover. It was damaged. They said the file has never crashed so I began going back through the backups looking for clean copy until I got to the original template ... geez. How can it be created with damage? Is their file unsafe for them to use? I hate to tell them to start over but that is probably what needs to happen.

So if others can reproduce this issue then please FileMaker fix the file so new people have clean starts. The other templates are fine. Attached is the Recover log. Input on how a brand-new file can be created with damage would be appreciated. Input on the log entries would be appreciated. And consensus on ditching their work or not. Thank you for anything you can provide.

1 2 Previous Next