1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2013 10:06 AM by taylorsharpe

Love IWP, Hate IWP

Such a great technology, but it can be very flaky. And when it's not working, sometimes nothing but a complete reinstall of both the OS and FMS will do. But I do hope they continue to include and update this great technology -- I'd hate to have to hire a PHP programmer to reconstruct the many screens that are handled by IWP.

(Note that I have latest OS X, FMS 12, plenty of RAM, etc. Others have reported the same setup with no issues, so I'm going to call this a "flakey" issue.)

With well over 30 separate FMS installs throughout the years (I think I started with Server 3, and once dabbled with a Linux install), every single one since Server 7 installed smoothly and ran without incident when using FileMaker as a client.

But when IWP starts to complain, good luck with trouble-shooting. Portal alignments? RAM? FMS - OS - Apache? Plug-ins? Sunspots?

Tonight will be a complete wipe and reinstall of the OS and FMS.

• 1. Re: Love IWP, Hate IWP
          taylorsharpe

FM is aware of this situation and if you went to Devcon last summer, you saw previewed some future improvements in this area.  But these improvements are still under non-disclosure and not apart of the current product offerings.  My personal guess is that FM13 will be close to being released around Devcon in August and, if not, at least a preview of FM13 will be given.  We'll probably find out more then.  But that is just a guess.

PS:  For those of you who do not know, going to Devcon usually gets you an inside scoop to some future feature releases.  So sign up for Devcon and I hope to see you there in August!