4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 2:09 AM by LyndsayHowarth

Filemaker Go pricing?? Why not make v11 free also?

rensys99

We develop Filemaker Pro Apps in version 11 and 12. Why discriminate against iOS users where the app is version 11?

Does anyone know why Filemaker pricing is FREE for Go (v12) but charges for Go (v11).

Making them both free would help elevate Filemaker's platform to millions of mobile users!!!

Just my 2 cents!

Bob

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go pricing?? Why not make v11 free also?
          stefan_s

Hi Bob,

Might give you an incentive to move to 12?

This might be the reason.

__

Stefan Schutt, Mouse Up, Finland

rensys99 kirjoitti 6.3.2013 kello 16.58:

created by rensys99 in Advanced Discussion - View the full discussion

We develop Filemaker Pro Apps in version 11 and 12.    Why discriminate against iOS users where the app is version 11?

Does anyone know why Filemaker pricing is FREE for Go (v12) but charges for Go (v11).

Making them both free would help elevate Filemaker's platform to millions of mobile users!!!

Just my 2 cents!

Bob

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in Advanced Discussion by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2013 • San Diego, California • August 12-15 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go pricing?? Why not make v11 free also?
            Lemmtech

They want people out of 11 and earlier versions as soon as possible which is probably one of the main reasons.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go pricing?? Why not make v11 free also?
              Malcolm

We develop Filemaker Pro Apps in version 11 and 12.    Why discriminate against iOS users where the app is version 11?

Holy Mackerel! We have applications developed in v6 that worked so well no-one upgraded. Where is Go for v6 diehards?

malcolm

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go pricing?? Why not make v11 free also?
                LyndsayHowarth

Me too... Well actually 5...

I have tried conversions on one sites databases but they have never worked as fast... So I've never moved them.

Go 11 should cost... 'cause I paid for mine ;-)

Making Go 12 free was a stroke of Genius. I'm guessing Apple was a primary source of encouragement for that... when they realised... finally... what a gem they had in FM.

12 is quite clearly a break from the olde and the new is clearly a superior product because of the connectivity. A mobile app is not much on it's own... but it is a window to a big world and the hope is that FMS can capture that desire for more.

- Lyndsay