2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 4:13 AM by stephensexton

PDFs inserted into a container are rotated.

farokh

I have a database where I'm using a container to store a PDF image using external storage.

While most of the PDFs are fine, a few seem to be rotated 90 degrees from the actual file and I'm not sure why. Then, to make matters worse, if I try to print any of the records with the rotated image, Filemaker crashes.

In addition, when browsing records, the container is larger than the size set up in the layout. The image covers some of the other items on the layout.

This is on Filemaker 12.0v2 and 12.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Filemaker Pro 12.0v3 on OS X 10.6.8 doesn't have the crashing problem, but the image is still rotated.

Oh, the database is hosted on FM Server 12 on OS X 10.7.5.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: PDFs inserted into a container are rotated.
          RubenVanDenBoogaard

I came across the same issue running FMS 12.04 and FM 12v4 clients both on OSX.

When I open the (mutipage) pdf in Preview  the orrientation is correct.

If I then use a Save As and Import the pdf again, the pdf is correctly in the container.

It seems that FM does not respect the orientation of the pdf when the pdf is created (using a scanner).  I have seen the same issue with photo's made by an iPhone.

Has someone found a solution for this (other then manually Save As)

Best regards,

Ruben van den Boogaard

Infomatics Software

ruben@infomatics.nl

• 2. Re: PDFs inserted into a container are rotated.
            stephensexton

Same issue reported with one of my clients taking photos with an iPhone, but if the photo was saved to a desktop before importing to the container field, it was orientated correctly.  Would love to see a solution for this (apart from instructing my client to hold their phone differently!)