AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Pro 12 - flush cached join results

Question asked by roryduffy on Mar 7, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 by RayCologon

Hi there,

I'm using Filemaker in the music industry to administrate programming tours and education projects.

1)

In Programming, I've set up my tour, I've created all of my concerts as separate dated event records, and I've attached those concerts to the tour. Now when I generate my contract (separate record again) for the tour, Filemaker is not pulling through the concert dates into the portals that I've set up... Until I close Filemaker and reopen it again.

2)

The same is happening in Education. I've set up my project, I've created all of my sessions as separate dated event records, and I've attached those sessions to the project. Now when I generate my enrollments (separate records again) for the project, Filemaker is not pulling through the session dates into the portals that I've set up... Until I close Filemaker and reopen it again.

Usually when I click outside of a field or a portal to refresh, related data is pulled through. But it is not doing that.

3)

Sometimes this happens when I'm creating a contract, for an artist linked to an event; the artist is not pulled into the contract, and when I try and add it, I get the 'unrelated record' message. When I close Filemaker and reopen, Filemaker then corrects itself: the artist appears in the contract.

I've seen a script step option 'flush cached join results' - could it be something to do with this? Excuse my ignorance! Is there a script step that I can put into a button to refresh or consolidate join results?

Perhaps my relational graph has too many steps (date - concert/session - tour/project - contract/enrollment) and it takes a while for Filemaker to process? Perhaps Filemaker is just being slow?

We have Filemaker Pro 12 running on a server. I'm 100% certain that it is a problem to do with the application or server, as opposed to my set up.

Any advice much appeciated!

Thanks,

Rory

Outcomes