1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 11:38 AM by IT_User

Control Style on List View

IT_User

I have designed a database that will ask the user questions.

However, I made it so the questions are not all one type. (Ex. Fill-in Blank, Multiple Choice, True False, etc.)

I first designed it so that it would just be a drop down field, and if there were choices they could choose whichever, or if it was a fill-in it would allow the user to type in whatever they wanted.

However, I think it would look nicer that for multiple choice I could have radio buttons, and the fill-in stuff I could have an Edit Box.

So in form view I can make that onRecordLoad script trigger will show the correct type. I use tab control objects, which I name, and depending on a certain field the correct tab will show. Each tab has the same field, but different Styles.

(I know I can also use different layouts that it will go to in the script, but I find this easier.)

Anyways, like I said it works in Form View, but when I change it to List view it shows the tab of choice of only the current record for all records shown. When I choose a record that has a different type, then they will all change to that tab.

I was wondering in list view if you could somehow show different tab controls based on each record, not just the current record. I know this works for conditional formatting, but I haven't figured out if that would even work...