AnsweredAssumed Answered

Integrating database and a text file.

Question asked by jacobsuperman on Mar 7, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 9, 2013 by Lemmtech

Hey thanks in advance for reading... I want to integrate a text document with a database so that the information contained within remains constantly up to date. The context is that I am writing a business plan (in the form of presentation slides not a true text file) and the database will therefore contain images, text (names of customers/suppliers) and financial information (quotes and invoices). I have chosen filemaker because it seems easier to approach and more fun to use than MySQL and other alternatives. I am open to using any kind of text editor or slide maker software, the logical choice is whichever integrates best with Filemaker and I assume that will be Pages, Numbers, Keynote although I would prefer to use a LATEX based editor. Can anyone explain how to integrate a database and a text file (slide-maker) and tell me what software or plug-in packages I need to use to do this? I'm not looking for a "script" that automatically produces a keynote presentation froma database. I want a more integrated solution that has live auto-update or auto-preview occuring in the slides while I am working on them (i.e. I don't want to have to close the presentation every time I want to update either). Many thanks.

Outcomes