COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES CNS BARCODE 1.4, A FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
Fort Worth, TX, March 11, 2013 -- Comm-Unity Networking Systems has released version 1.4 of CNS Barcode, the FileMaker Pro plug-in that provides scanning and generating barcodes. This version fixes a few bugs and modifies how the plug-in handles Number data from FileMaker when generating barcodes. CNS Barcode is available immediately at http://cnsbarcode.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R).
CNS Barcode for FileMaker Pro is a plug-in that brings the power of barcodes to your FileMaker Solution. Like its sibling product, CNS Barcode for iOS, this plug-in can both scan and generate barcodes. CNS Barcode can scan JPEG or PNG images containing barcodes or it can use an attached webcam to scan any barcodes held up to the camera. Any of the barcode formats you can scan, you can also create with the plug-in, including Codabar, Code 3 of 9 (Code 39), Code 3 of 9 Ext. (Code 39+), Code 93, Code 128, DataBar-14, DataBar-14 Stacked, EAN 2, EAN 5, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN 14, EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBN, QR Code, UPC A, and UPC E.
Whether you already have products with barcodes or if you want to start using barcodes to track your assets, CNS Barcode is easy to set up and use. If you need to create barcodes, the CNSBC_Generate function will take any data you have in your database and create a PNG, EPS, or SVG image of the barcode format of your choosing. You can then print out and affix the barcodes to the objects you need to track. When you need to scan one of your barcodes, the CNSBC_ScanWindow function will bring up a video preview of your webcam for you to see what you are scanning. When the plug-in recognizes the barcode, it will use one of three actions that you define. It can close the scanning window and return the barcode data to the script that opened the window; it can call a script in your database and pass it the barcode data; or it can set a field in your database with the barcode data. Unlike the first action, the script calling and field setting actions leave the scanning window open for you to scan more barcodes.
Download CNS Barcode today and see how easy it is to add barcodes to your FileMaker Solution!
- Fixed a few core plug-in issues that could cause rare crashes.
- Updated the Generate function to discard the fractional part of Numbers if it is zero. This keeps from having to use GetAsText() around Number fields. However, if you want the fractional part and four decimal places is not what you need, you'll have to convert to text within FileMaker before sending to the Generate function.
- Updated the ScanImage function to return an error if you attempt to use Profiles when running under FileMaker Server. The ScanImage function can only perform the "Return" Action under FileMaker Server.
- Added a preference to define how long to wait before the ScanWindow resets and allows another barcode to be scanned. You can adjust this preference to keep from scanning the same barcode more than once.
- Fixed an issue on Windows that prevented some images from scanning properly when using the ScanImage function.
Pricing and Availability
CNS Barcode is available immediately at http://cnsbarcode.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R). You can download a full working Demo copy of the plug-in to test it out before purchasing.
A 1-User License for the client version of CNS Barcode is $85. To use the Server Edition of CNS Barcode, you will need to purchase at least a 10-User License. A 10-User License is $417. You can find a purchase link on the website. There are several other price points and information for Educational/Non-Profit institutions on the purchase page for the plug-in. All prices subject to change without notice.
If you already own a license for the plug-in, the update to 1.4 is completely free. All you need to do is download and install the latest version of the plug-in.
Review copies for article write-ups available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in reviewing the plug-in.
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
PO Box 137559
Fort Worth, Texas 76136