4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 5:43 PM by MarkNZ

Go to Related Record

MarkNZ

Hi all,

Im a bit stumped... I am using a script to "Go to related Record" from the Estimate module back to the "Contacts Module Record" however it always takes me back to the first created record..none related for some reason.

I can create a related record scrpted from the "Contacts Module" into the Estimates Module all ok...even my portals on the Contact layout all show the newly created record in Estimates for that contact. Ive gone over and over the script in the Estimates Module ..looks all ok. Ive back tracked, eliminated various things i did prior..but still no luck?

Any suggestions appreciated..

PS: Since putting this question up I just discovered the fix ( I had a trigger on the Contacts Formview on Layout enter to omit a certain category of reccords) Can someone please tell me why this effected it even when the omitted records were not related?

Regards Mark

• 1. Re: Go to Related Record
          LyndsayHowarth

You basically asked for a new found set. You probably went to the related record then the layout triggered script found a different set of records.

I don't think a layout triggered script is appropriate on a laout used for mixed purposes.

- Lyndsay

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Go to Related Record
            MarkNZ

Thanks for that...I just want to keep certain records from appearing on a layout in CONTACTS....any thoughts??

• 3. Re: Go to Related Record
              pthomas

Hi Mark,

Presumably the triggered script on your layout is currently doing something along the lines of:

Enter Find Mode

Set Field Category = "X"

Omit

Perform Find

If that is the case then what if you modified the script to be a bit smarter by doing something like:

Enter Find Mode

Set Field Category = "X"

Omit

If Get ( FoundCount ) = Get ( TotalRecordCount )

Perform Find

Else

Constrain Found Set

End If

That way when the layout loads if all of the records are displayed it will perform a find to omit the category you want, if however when the layout opens there is a found set of records (like in your example where you have gone to the related records only) it will omit the category from the found set only by using the constrain option.

Cheers,

Paul.

• 4. Re: Go to Related Record
                MarkNZ

Yes hopw you explained it is axactly what I did.. so I will now try your suggestion...so thanks