2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 12:31 PM by pilot_john

How do I make each page in preview have it's own total at the bottom of the page?

pilot_john

I have a pilot logbook table & layout in my filemaker pro 11 database. I'm using Mac OS 10.7. When I print this layout, I want a total for each column at the bottom of each page. I actually want 2 rows in the footer section. I want one that shows the totals for the current page, another one that is a running total that shows the the total of all previous pages plus the current page. If I could firgure out one, I'm sure i'd figure out the other but right now I can not get either one to work. I already have a summary field for each column that I want totaled. and when I put it in the footer it shows the totals for all records in the found set, which makes it show the same number at the bottom of every page. I need it to recalculate a new number for each page.

As you can see in the screenshot, it shows 23 landings when there are only 4 landings on that page. (The day landings is the field that I keep working with. I figure there's no sense in changing every summary field until I can get one of them to work. )

I have tried adding a field to the body that's not in the printable area that is an unstored calculation field with the calculation: Get ( PageNumber ) and then under the options for one of my Summary fields, I selected "Running Total", and then selected "Restart summary for each sorted group", and then selected When Sorted By: "Page Number". (Where "Page Number" is the name of the calculation field that gets the page number.) And then I sorted the records by Page Number and clicked Preview but that didn't change anything, each page still only shows the total of all records.

Please help,

Thanks.