2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 9:22 PM by besmindo

Formatting- Configure more fonts- Barcode installation

besmindo

Hello all

Im new to Filemaker and have completed the started and intermediate training for Filemaker pro 12 advanced.

I am trying to enter a barcode into a field, I am following the tutorial for IDAutomation and it tells me as the last step I need to change the font from code 128 or 39(which ever I choose) and go to Format>Font>Configure/More fonts..

I dont have this selection choice only a list of fonts but not all of the ID code choices? AM I missing a plug in or something is not set up correctly?

Thanks

Jac

• 1. Re: Formatting- Configure more fonts- Barcode installation
          alquimby

Jac,

I use this barcode font from: http://www.dafont.com/idautomationhc39m.font (I'm sure there are others you could use.)

Download and install it.

Then in your database, create a new calculation field that makes a barcode for the field you desire. For example, if you have a field named "Item_Number" that you want the barcode for, you would create a calculation (text result) defined as:

"*" & Item_Number & "*".

(Assuming that Item_Number is never going to change, make sure your new calculation is not "unstored.")

Place the new field on a layout (related to the proper table occurrence) and it should show a barcode result.

Al Quimby

• 2. Re: Formatting- Configure more fonts- Barcode installation
            besmindo

Thanks for your reply!

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 05:06:48 -0700

To: sparkler85@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Formatting- Configure more fonts- Barcode installation

created by alquimby in General - View the full discussion

Jac,      I use this barcode font from: http://www.dafont.com/idautomationhc39m.font (I'm sure there are others you could use.)      Download and install it.      Then in your database, create a new calculation field that makes a barcode for the field you desire. For example, if you have a field named "Item_Number" that you want the barcode for, you would create a calculation (text result) defined as: "" & Item_Number & "".      Place the new field on a layout (related to the proper table occurrence) and it should show a barcode result. Al Quimby

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in General by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2013 • San Diego, California • August 12-15 • www.filemaker.com/devcon