Troi Automatisering releases Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 for FileMaker Pro 12
March 21st, 2013, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across the network, even over the Internet. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
- trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
- run a script and send data to a different FileMaker application, all in the background
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same computer:
- run a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a script on a specified date and time
- schedule events which trigger any script you want
- trigger a script after exiting a field
- validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific validation needs
What is new?
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 has the following new features and fixes:
- Added compatibility with Windows 8.
- Added two new functions, which can shutdown and restart the computer.
- The Actr_Sleep function now works on Mac and Windows. Also added a new switch "-sleepnow" to put the computer to sleep directly.
- (Mac OS X only) Extended the Upload Server functionality to be able to handle only text: you no longer need to include an image in your upload.
- (Mac OS X) The Actr_GetIPAddress function can now return the IPv6 address.
- Completely rewrote the plug-in for 64 bit. The plug-in now runs as a 64-bit plug-in under Custom web publishing under FileMaker Pro 12 on Mac OS X.
- (Mac OS X) Rewrote the plug-in to prevent a crashing bug, which could occur when Troi Activator Plug-in was installed in 2 separate places.
- Fixed a problem where the plug-in would not correctly load when running as a server-side plug-in or as a web-side plug-in under FileMaker Server 12
- Improved and updated the example files and updated the User Guide to reflect the new functionality.
Troi Activator Plug-in allows you to:
- upload images from remote devices, put them into the database and show the location on a (Google) map
- Post a web request to activate a script
- create a real-time appointment solution, where you can notify a colleague (on a different computer) of changes in his/her appointments
- notify a user that a shared document can be used
- process data in the background in a different FileMaker application
- get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked
All these features also work in a runtime solution and between different versions of FileMaker Pro. So for example you can send data from a FileMaker 11 runtime to a FileMaker Pro 12 database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/activatorplugin.html>.
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher and Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 also works with FileMaker Server 10, 11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 299.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
The 3.5 version needs a new 3.5 version of the registration. If you bought a license for a previous version on or after March 1st, 2012 the upgrade is FREE! Eligible users will be sent a new registration string in March 2013.
If you bought a license before March 1st, 2012 you will need to buy an upgrade to use the 3.5 version. Upgrades are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About QuickTrans for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
QuickTrans is our iOS app designed to make sending images a snap. After you configure the app once, you can take one or more photos and upload them without any extra steps. QuickTrans is designed to work in tandem with Troi Activator Plug-in 3.x. More information can be found here: <http://www.troi.com/quicktrans.html>.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: