AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Server 12 Admin Console won't start

Question asked by granth68 on Mar 25, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by granth68

26 March 2013: I had the trial version of FileMaker Server 12 running perfectly on my MacBook Pro with Java 7 and Lion 10.8.3 (all latest updates).

I uninstalled the trial version to install the free developer version (fms_12.0.2.232a.dmg). After that installation, which was successfull, the admin console won't start. I've cleared the java cache and reset Safari. I've tried uninstalling FMS again and deleting the ~/Library/FIleMaker Server/ folder before restarting, emptying the trash and reinstalling. I've run disk utility and repaired permissions.

The admin console tries to start but just keeps showing the page below. It retries about every 30 seconds but doesn't show the start button. Nothing happens when I click the link except the download thing which shows on the top right adds another file. I can't help thinking that there is something left behind on my machine from the trial version of FMS and, even after uninstalling it, it remains which may now be interferring with the developer installation. I'm frustrated and at the end of my knowledge. Please help.

All I see is:

FMS Screen.png

Outcomes