0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 9:45 AM by jameshoty

Selective Email blast base on value in ValueList in a 2-level portal setup

jameshoty

Dear FileMaker Developers,

I need to email to person who did not turn up for the session, which they have signed up for previously. The 3 tables are

Subject
      Module

Registration
      Subject ID
      Module ID

Register ID

Subject Name
      Module Name

Student Name

Start Date
      Date
      Email
      End Date
      ... ...
      ... ...
      ... ...

ONE SubjectHasMANY Modules

ONE ModuleHasMANY Registration

The field ATTENDED is a Value List containing YES and NO. I am able to send email to ALL students that have registered for a particular module to remind them. On the day when the module is conducted, the teacher will take attendance for the student. IT is either Attended (YES) or Did Not Attend (No).

The question I encounter now is how to send email to all students who DID NOT attend across ALL the module EXCLUDING those register for modules that fall after the current date.

The module is conducted serveral times a year and student who fail to attend can register for the next date. My job is to email to invite them to attend the next schedule but I do not want to include those that are already registered for that schedule.

Eg. the next date for Kinetic Energy module is on 2.Apr.13. Some may have already registered themselves for this date. The email should exclude these group of users.

Hope the decription is clear enough for your analysis.

Regards,

James