DrewTenenholz

Send .net commands via FM script?  (FMdotNET in reverse)

Discussion created by DrewTenenholz on Mar 26, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 by wimdecorte

All --

I have a Mac-based non-profit client that is exploring the options for the database systems they use to manage membership. Right now, members interact with a self-hosted website that uses the FM PHP API and interacts with FileMaker records & scripts to do the appropriate action. It's a very easy-to-use (basically a single web page) site, and it is doing the basic job and gives some useful reports.

We are looking for other systems to manage membership and help people get more involved (and donate more) while still maintaining the current capabilities. I don't really want to take the time & effort & cost to make a fully functional FileMaker-based membership system & website, given that other companies are already doing the same, and probably better. I'm trying to figure out ways to fold all of this together, so any ideas are helpful (sites, methods, etc.)

One system we are currently looking at (called YourMembership.com) would allow me to communicate with their databases using a .net framework. Does anyone know if there is a plugin that allows me to SEND .net commands with a FileMaker script?

-- Drew Tenenholz

P.S. I was hoping to use the FMNexus WebServices plugin, but there is no published WSDL for the YourMembership API. I know I can use ScriptMaster/Troi-URL/several others to create the underlying https POST commands that are at the heart of the interaction, but is there a tool out there that makes this easier than hand-coding based on the .net documentation?

Outcomes