1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 10:05 AM by CICT

Window menu: database NOT listed as visible window or hidden window

itraining

G'day everyone

A client with a 6 file .fmp12 solution is experiencing frequent "Communication with the host was interrupted and could not be re-established. All affected windows will be closed." dialog boxes. The Windows XP and Windows 7 users experience the same error message across the different desktop computers in the office. Searching this forum there are numerous posts from 2007+ with helpful suggestions to troubleshoot the situation. I will follow those leads over the next few days.

One additional behaviour I have noticed is that 1 of the databases exhibits "weird" Window menu behaviour - the database is NOT listed in the Window menu. I am able to use this .fmp12 database. The name of the database and its window title is different to other open databases and their corresponding windows, yet the database (window name) is NOT listed in the Window menu, at all.

QUESTION: Is it possible to open a database, successfully use the database and the database is the frontmost (active) window, yet the name of the database does NOT get listed at the bottom of the Window menu and the name of the database does not appear in the Window: Show Window submenu?

(a) If it is possible, what do I need to do ensure the database (window name) is listed in the Window menu?

(b) If it is impossible, any suggestions to get the database (window name) is listed in the Window menu?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Richards

Brisbane (Australia)