2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 11:17 PM by LyndsayHowarth

Emailed zipped FM12 DB not always opened by FM GO 12

CCAS

For some reason, certain users (including me) find that zipped FM 12 databases emailed to an iPad are sometimes unzipped and opened by FM GO 12, but sometimes are not. What would be behind this? Is this an iPad issue...and iPad setting issue?

Also, it appears that only databases emailled with the "fmp12" and "fmpur" file name extensions are automatically opened by FM GO 12. Is this the intended behavior or have I missed something?

Both of these issure are important - for obvious reasons. Most importantly, being able to email a zipped database for automatic opening by FM GO 12 is the best way to deliver a product, providing a fast (iTunes-free) installation.

Thanks...

• 1. Re: Emailed zipped FM12 DB not always opened by FM GO 12
          LyndsayHowarth

Interesting... I've not experienced problems so far.

I wonder if originating platform or zipping app has anything to do with it. I have had problems with zips from a specific person which I am trying to figure out...

send me a small zipped db to lynds11hrg@gmail.com (which will forward to my private email that I check on my ipad and iphone) and I will let you know the results.

- Lyndsay

• 2. Re: Emailed zipped FM12 DB not always opened by FM GO 12
            LyndsayHowarth

When I tried to download the file on my iPad, the file would not load into the Mail message from the server.

When I tried to open it on my desktop I got the following dialog:

Screen shot 2013-04-07 at 4.04.46 PM.png

I hope that helps... but I suspect that DEBUG could also be some component in Go.

What intrigues me is your file name. It has a '.fmpur' extension. This implies a runtime... which should not need FM Go. What the expected behaviour of a zipped runtime would be in iOS, I am not sure. You say to open in FM Go but I am not sure.

Can you send another file with the .fmp12 extension zipped.

- Lyndsay