5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 2:48 PM by hostie42

Standalone Converter not working

hostie42

Tried to use the Standalone Converter to convert 15 files from 11 to 12.

I followed the instructions to the letter.

But with this syntax:

. mdbconverter.ps1 -t D:AvantCardNumbers.fp7

I receive this error:

PS D:installers ilemaker ilemaker 12standalone_converter mdbconverter> . mdbconverter.ps1 -t D:AvantCardNumbers.fp7

Src file: -t D:AvantCardNumbers.fp7

File cannot be found:00000000002582D6

FastConv Failed: -2

If I try it without the option -t, the result is similar:

PS D:installers ilemaker ilemaker 12standalone_converter mdbconverter> . mdbconverter.ps1 D:AvantCardNumbers.fp7

Src file: D:AvantCardNumbers.fp7

File cannot be found:00000000002F81C8

FastConv Failed: -2

Paths are correct. Syntax is correct as far as I can ascertain. There's not a lot of information about this.

I ended up converting just using the FileMaker 12 application. Apparently it takes longer that way, but half an hour is not a major problem.

• 1. Re: Standalone Converter not working
          taylorsharpe

I heard about this stand alone converting at the Solutions Bundle Agreement meeting last summer during Devcon.  It supposedly supports some type of parallel processessing to convert much faster than the normal FMP client.  I even downloaded the app, but have never used it, so I can't be of much help.  But what I would probably check on based on the above "File Cannot Be Found" error, is to move the files to and try converting them in a new location.  You might also want to check on the permissions since that can trick up FileMaker frequently. 

• 2. Re: Standalone Converter not working
            ch0c0halic

From the code you've provided the executable is located on your "D:" drive. Is this a CD? I suspect the executable is trying to create a temp file for the conversion and it cannot create it so it cannot find it.

If my supposition is correct try moving the executable to the "C:" drive and running it from there.

If that doesn't work then perhaps there is a file indexing problem. If you are using a Mac then the Spotlight index could be incomplete or corrupted. Check the Apple Web site for instructions on how to correct it.

TWIMC,

Most times it is very good to include the version of FMP/FMA/FMS/OS/FM Plugins that are in use when the problem occurs.

• 3. Re: Standalone Converter not working
              hostie42

The 'D' drive is not a CD. It is a data partition of the main internal hard drive. All my data is there.

The computer I'm using is Windows 7 Professional, not Mac.

The version of FMP/FMA/FMS/OS/FM Plugins is not relevant here because I'm talking about the Standalone Converter.

• 4. Re: Standalone Converter not working
                taylorsharpe

What are the permissions for the folder you want to save this in?

• 5. Re: Standalone Converter not working
                  hostie42

Permissions are:

Modify: Allow

Read & Execute: Allow

List folder Contents: Allow

Read: Allow

Write: Allow