COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES CNS IMAGE 1.6, A FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
Fort Worth, TX, April 2, 2013 -- Comm-Unity Networking Systems releases a new version of CNS Image with some major updates. The big change in version 1.6 is an update to the latest version of ImageMagick bringing in almost two years of improvements to the image manipulation library. This version also has several other bug fixes and enhancements. CNS Image 1.6 is available immediately at http://cnsimage.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R).
CNS Image is a FileMaker plug-in for working with images stored in container fields or stored on the hard drive. On the most basic level, you can use CNS Image to Import images from the hard drive into FileMaker container fields and Export images from container fields to the hard drive using hard-coded paths or dialogs. However, Importing and Exporting images is only the beginning of CNS Image. The plug-in can do so much more with your images. You can Rotate images; you can create small thumbnails in your database of a much larger images on the hard drive. You can split PDFs into multiple images and browse through them all from FileMaker. You can download images from the internet into a container field; and apply filters like brightness to your images. All of these things and more are possible.
CNS Image is not just for FileMaker Pro either. Everything that works under FileMaker Pro will also work under FileMaker Server, with the obvious exception of bringing up a dialog for selecting a file to Import or Export. This means you can use Scheduled Scripts to batch process images at night, or create Instant/Custom Web Publishing solutions that can convert, stretch, crop, and more.
- Updated to the latest version of ImageMagick bringing in almost two years of improvements.
- Fixed an issue with Importing PDFs where the plug-in wasn't releasing the file causing "still in use" errors.
- Completely rewrote the internal image/file/container handling code to be much more simple and work much better.
- Added User-Agent HTTP header to the get GetFromURL code to fix issues with some web servers.
- Updated the internal networking code to fix crashing issues with GetFromURL.
- Changed how GetFromURL was handling redirects to fix crashing issues on Windows.
- Fixed issues with initializing the ImageMagick library.
- Updated the PDF conversion process to produce much better images by setting the quality to 100%/lossless.
- Fixed issues with converted images not getting the correct file extension.
- Fixed issues with converting to BMPs that could not be viewed by OS X's Preview app.
- Fixed issues with converted images from container fields not getting the original filename.
- Fixed issues with cleaning up the plug-in's temporary folder.
- Fixed several issues with converting PDFs to any other format.
- Fixed issues with getting PDF pages.
- Fixed issues with extracting layers out of images.
- Fixed issues with specifying which layer/page to extract. The GetLayer function now treats the first layer/page as index 1 for all image types including PDF.
Pricing and Availability
CNS Image is available immediately at http://cnsimage.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R). You can download a full-working Demo copy of the plug-in to test it out before purchasing.
This version is a free upgrade for anyone with a 1.x.x license. However, if you are upgrading from a version prior to 1.5, you will need a new license key to use this new version. Please see the ReadMe file included in the download for more information.
A 1-User License for the client version of CNS Image is $65. To use the Server Edition of CNS Image, you will need to purchase at least a 10-User License. A 10-User License is $319. You can find a purchase link on the website. There are several other price points and information for Educational/Non-Profit institutions on the purchase page for the plug-in. All prices subject to change without notice.
Review copies for article write-ups available upon request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in reviewing the plug-in.
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
PO Box 137559
Fort Worth, Texas 76136