I just wanted to share a considerable speed increase I am getting by changing methods when performing server side scripts. Previously I was running 25 scripts overnight that did various things such as imports, exports, updating records based on certain conditions and generating many reports. Most of these scripts were spread out to begin over a 12 hour period, but inevitably there would be overlap where several of them, about 4-6 would wind up running at the same time. As time went on and the system grew, I was finding that the 12 hours overnight was not enough time to complete all of the scripts. Then I changed methods to make one Master Script that contained all 25 subscripts. This ensured that each script would run after the previous one finished with no contention on the server itself. Now instead of the 25 scripts taking 12-16 hours to complete, they are all done in less than 2 hours. What a difference!
I am running FMSA 11 on a Windows 2008 R2 Server.
I set up email alerts in between each subscript so I can tell how long each one is taking, and if there are any errors.