AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple relationships / subgroups

Question asked by flybynight on Apr 2, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by flybynight

Having one of those "banging my head against the desk" moments…

Our main table "JobTickets" is a child to our "Contacts" table, which is a child to "Companies".

In JobTickets, I have a field _fk_Contact_ID that is linked to Contacts::__pk_Contact_ID. On the layout, the users pulls down a pop-up menu of _fk_Contact_ID which is linked a value list of Contacts::__pk_Contact_ID also/only displaying records from Contacts::Company_Contact which is a calc field concatenating the Company and Contact name.

This part works just fine.

All of my ID fields are hidden from the user, showing only human-readable values.

There is a Contacts::Groups field with checkboxes for Designer, Vendor, and Sales. Right now, I am trying to create another field for the user to select the Designer (we may bill to the main client - the primary relationship - but it is valuable to know where the files came from, and we have a couple dozen contacts flagged as Designers that we work with often).

So I have set up another TO from JobTickets::_fk_Designer_ID to Contacts::__pk_Contact_ID and also matching the Contacts::Groups field to JobTickets::zg_Designer (a Global field with the contents "Designer").

I have a value list set up to use values from Contacts::__pk_Contact_ID also/only showing values from Contacts::ContactName (a calc field concatenating First and Last) and set to Include only related values from my new JobTickets_CONTACTS__Designer TO. I also want to display the primary phone and email for the designer so we can easily contact them with questions.

On my pop-up menu, I'm getting "<no values defined>" showing up.

I have also tried setting the value list to use fields from JobTickets_CONTACTS__Designer and include only related values starting from "JobTickets" - but I still get the same results.

I'm sure I'm missing something easy. If someone could shine some light, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

-Shawn

Outcomes