6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 1:33 PM by DelfinaDaves

How to submit my project to Made For Filemaker

modemmute

I have a new solution that I've just released and would love to have it listed on the Made For FileMaker site. Didn't see any way to submit it. Any help?

Michael

ThinkCrew.com

• 1. Re: How to submit my project to Made For Filemaker
          taylorsharpe

Those are part of the Solutions Bundle Agreement program.  Contact Teresa Buckholtz with the SBA program.  Her phone is

408-987-7183

• 3. Re: How to submit my project to Made For Filemaker
            DelfinaDaves

Hi Michael:

To be listed in Made for FileMaker, you must be a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member. To clarify what Taylor said, in order to participate in the SBA program he's referring to, you must also be an FBA member.

Here's information about the FBA program, how to apply, and it's requirements:

http://www.filemaker.com/fba/

I'm also more than happy to answer any questions you have about the program directly (408) 987-7519.

Best,

Delfina Daves

Sr. Manager, FileMaker Developer Relations

• 4. Re: How to submit my project to Made For Filemaker
              taylorsharpe

Thanks, Delvina. I guess I'm learning things myself.  The ones I know about on the Made for FileMaker list are all SBA products.  Is it possible for a regular FBA person to get a product put on the Made for FileMaker list without being an SBA product? I think that is what you are saying and that would be good.  I'm just trying to make sure I understand. 

• 5. Re: How to submit my project to Made For Filemaker
                mikebeargie

From what I remember reading in the email that went out to FBA members when they were assembling the new list, it had to be an SBA approved solution.

Just so modemmute is aware, SBA also requires a minimum license purchase upon approval of the solution for the SBA program. You can resell said licenses, but there is a monetary commitment up-front.

The discount is worth it though, SBA licenses are less than half of what FBA discounted licenses are.

• 6. Re: How to submit my project to Made For Filemaker
                  DelfinaDaves

Yes, absolutely Taylor. Here are the Made for FileMaker guidelines we list for FBA members:

General Listing Requirements

• You must either be a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member in good standing to submit a solution or product, or a hardware vendor approved by FileMaker.
                  • Listed products include commercial solutions, plug-ins, tools, scanners and readers, books and videos.
                  • Products which support the current version of FileMaker will be featured more prominently.
                  • Only full versions of solutions may be listed (no trial, upgrade versions, or beta solutions).
                  • Commercial products only (i.e no freeware or shareware solutions)
                  • You must comply with FileMaker trademark guidelines. You are responsible for providing support for your solution.
                  • FileMaker makes final approvals for placement at its discretion.
                  • FileMaker reserves the right to remove any solution at its discretion.

More info here for FBA members: https://fmdev.filemaker.com/docs/DOC-3004

It's a great co-marketing opportunity for FileMaker commercial solution providers.

Mike - it's doesn't have to be "SBA" approved. SBA is a program in which you can purchased FileMaker licenses at a very aggressive price when bundling it with a commercial solution. But you don't need to purchase under the SBA program to be listed in Made for FileMaker.

Hope that clarifies,

Delfina