AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to use data from separate record (Sports Team)

Question asked by rfaintich2013 on Apr 3, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 by Mike_Mitchell

Sorry,

I'm sure this is a very easy one to answer.... But I'm only 3 days into using Filemaker, so I apologize for the newbie status....

Short summary—I am building a Stats Database for a H.S. Wrestling Team. I have created a record that serves as a "Match Stat Entry Form" which, when completed, enters in a match result, with many, many fields, all as one table..... So, in short, every match wrestled by each individual is stored into this table, each match a separate record.

I want to know how, once I've created a separate table/layout for an individual player page, I can search through those matches/records and only pull information from rows/records/matches that involve that specific Wrestler.

To be specific, but basic, let's say that each match has a field that is "Wrestler's Name" and also has separate fields for "Takedowns Scored" and "Escapes Scored". I want to be able to create new fields in the new Player page that pulls info, and SUMS all match stats in which the individual participated....

Can someone please point me in the right direction, because I spent all day reading manuals, and online forums, and I haven't figured out the solution,

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Outcomes