8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 6:45 AM by mikebeargie

printing receipt

fmk4

Hi,

I have a table containing sales ticket, their associate purchased items.

Each purchased item is tied to one sale ticket

There can be many purchased item in one sale ticket

How can I print the receipt for the sale ticket, since each of the sale ticket has no fixed amount of purchased item.

The sale ticket needs to list all the item purchased.

I have tried using portal to display the purchased item that is related to the sale ticket. This works, but I have to prefixed a number of row for the portal. Some sale ticket with 1 or 2 item ends up wtih a large empty portion in my receipt.

How should I do this receipt printing?

• 1. Re: printing receipt
          DavidZakary

Don't try to print via a portal if possible. Isolate all of the related records and use a layout based on the table for the related records.

• 2. Re: printing receipt
            taylorsharpe

I am trying to get a picture of what you are doing.  Is there a table for Sales Tickets, containing a Sales Ticket Primary Key, and then a second table for Items.  Each Item will have a Foreign Key which is the Sales Ticket's Primary Key and each Item will have a description and price.  If that is the case, then create a layout using the Items table and you would search for Items with a Foreign Key of the particular Ticket you want to print.  The Ticket info would go in the header/footer and the Items info would be in the body.  Attached is an example, but a lot more can be done. Tell us more and we can help.  

• 3. Re: printing receipt
              fmk4

Hi Taylor,

The issue here is that the body is fixed. Its a waste of paper if I were to print out this layout on a receipt printer (with a large portion of the body empty). I wish its something more dynamci, adjusting according to the items

• 4. Re: printing receipt
                PSI

FMK4,

Just to confirm. you are printing from the sale items table. the layout is a list view. set all the objects in the body to slide up and check also resize enclosing part.

Sliding.JPG

John Morina

PSI, Inc.

CCQ-FM, Inc

• 5. Re: printing receipt
                  fmk4

Hi,

Yes I tried using your suggestion, with the sliding option and stuffs, but still, in list view, the footer drops to the bottom of the windows, leaving a big gap of emptiness in the middle.

• 6. Re: printing receipt
                    mikebeargie

In your case (receipt printer) I would suggest NOT using a footer.

Try using a "trailing grand summary" instead. This will appear directly after the last record in a list view, as opposed to the page bottom as a footer will.

• 7. Re: printing receipt
                      fmk4

Hi,

I was able to get the trialing grand summary to output the sum of the total field.

I did a "page break after 4 occurence" and the summary field only appear at the end of the page 4.

Is there a way to make summary field appear for every page, and each page should only display the total sum applicable for that page, example, page 1, total $4, page 2 total $6, page 3 total $10, grand total $20.

• 8. Re: printing receipt
                        mikebeargie

Hmm, you can probably use a subsummary after the body section instead of a trailing grand summary, you just have to sort a specific way for the subsummary to appear. I suggested a trailing grand summary because I thought you'd only be printing out one page at a time.

Alternatively you could use what you currently have now, and just drop the print inside a loop so it prints 4 times.