1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 4:47 PM by keywords

Field inset - can this be edited by the developer?

flybynight

There seems to be a field "inset" setting within the themes. I discovered this when I copied some fields from one layout (with a theme applied) to another layout that just used the "Classic" theme for a print layout. I changed all of the colors to be the same, but I couldn't get things to line up because the fields from the themed layout had an inset applied - a little padding between the edge of the field and where the text started - on all sides.

I finally figured out that I could "Remove Styles" from all of the objects and that got rid of it… but it also blasted all of the manual formatting that I had applied.

Anyone know if the inset is an option that we can adjust? I think there are times when it could be very handy.

Another thing that may or may not be related, but I think it's a bug…

I had some fields that were formatted as Pop Up Menu in one layout and then copied to my print layout and changed to a plain Edit box. For some reason, they had a large inset (approx 1/4") on the right side, so data would clip or wrap before it got to the field bounds. Again, the only way I found to get rid of it was to remove all styles, or copy from a different field and change it to the field I wanted.

Thanks,

-Shawn

• 1. Re: Field inset - can this be edited by the developer?
          keywords

One trick I have discovered is that if you create a field on a layout that uses the Classic theme there is no field padding. If you then copy the field itself onto your themed layout the classic field formatting will be retained and, presto, no padding. This has the same effect as removing styles. Either way you would THEN need to apply your own formatting as required. I guess if you had done things in this order in the first place … … We live and learn!

I have no clues on the second matter.