flybynight

Field inset - can this be edited by the developer?

Discussion created by flybynight on Apr 11, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 by keywords

There seems to be a field "inset" setting within the themes. I discovered this when I copied some fields from one layout (with a theme applied) to another layout that just used the "Classic" theme for a print layout. I changed all of the colors to be the same, but I couldn't get things to line up because the fields from the themed layout had an inset applied - a little padding between the edge of the field and where the text started - on all sides.

I finally figured out that I could "Remove Styles" from all of the objects and that got rid of it… but it also blasted all of the manual formatting that I had applied.

Anyone know if the inset is an option that we can adjust? I think there are times when it could be very handy.

Another thing that may or may not be related, but I think it's a bug…

I had some fields that were formatted as Pop Up Menu in one layout and then copied to my print layout and changed to a plain Edit box. For some reason, they had a large inset (approx 1/4") on the right side, so data would clip or wrap before it got to the field bounds. Again, the only way I found to get rid of it was to remove all styles, or copy from a different field and change it to the field I wanted.

Thanks,

-Shawn

Outcomes