AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simple script problem

Question asked by milkman on Apr 14, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2013 by milkman

Hi,

Im trying to write a quick database for small business to reconcile their books and categorize expenses for tax purposes. I have all of the fields defined and am writing scripts to copy data from an AMOUNT field and post it to its corresponding expense field. I am not a Script wiz. Anybody got a min. to steer me in the right direction? Here is what i tried first...

loop

if[table::Category = "Sales"

Copy [select; Table::Amount]

Paste [select; Table::Sales]

Go to record/request/page [Next]

End If

End Loop

My problems with it are:

It will only work if i select the first record that has the word Sales in it and then execute the script.

It will stop after it gets to the last consecutive record that has the word sales in it. so if there is an item further down the page that is designated for sales, i would have to run it again.

My goal:

I have to categorize all of the items that small business needs for categories. I don't know if it can be written in one script to make it work or not.

I have always written simpler databases for people that do not require a lot of scripting.

Is there a simple way to make this work? I'd love to post it up for other small business people to use.

It might save somebody time. maybe i could have the data automatically copy the data when the value list for Category is utilized....hmmmm

help...

I use it for my prep but thought if i didnt have to copy and paste into the field over to the right, i could save a ton of time. lol, lazyness is the mother of invention....

Outcomes