AnsweredAssumed Answered

Remote Domain Login

Question asked by psuchad on Apr 15, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 by taylorsharpe

I have two identical servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 in a virtual environment and FileMaker Server 12 Advanced. One server is a live production machine, the other is a development machine. I have been developing a remote solution for the iPad on the development server and am now moving the setup to the production machine. I have run into an issue with user login with the production server.

When users attempt to log into the production machine, they are forced to enter the domain\username and password. I have tested this using both an iPad and a desktop machine running FileMaker Pro. This was not the case on the development server. The dev server only required username and password with no reference to the domain.

This is not only an annoyance for the user because they need to type more. On the iPad there are extra hoops to jump through to get to the "\" character on the onscreen keyboard. There are also issues with the database setup since we match Get (AccountName) to a username field in the database to pull up relevant employee data when they login. Get (AccountName) returns normally returns the username alone, whereas remotely it now returns "domain\username" since that is what was entered when they logged in.

I have confirmed that the FM Server configurations are identical on both machines. Any ideas on where this behavior is coming from?

Outcomes