2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 10:45 AM by Lizhe

Filemaker 12 advanced cannot start from window 7 ultimate

Lizhe

Hi All,

I had a problem in the last two days: suddently the FM 12 cannot start from my window 7 ultimate computer. Basically it just displayed the box of license info then automatically quitted itself. The problem persisted when I uninstalled then re-installed the program. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Lizhe

• 1. Re: Filemaker 12 advanced cannot start from window 7 ultimate
          psuchad

I have had this problem before.  Here are some things you can try.

1) Uninstall all FileMaker programs

2) Delete FileMaker from your Program Files folder

3) Restart the computer

4) Reinstall

If that doesn't work, do steps 1-3 but then login as an administrator.  Use another admin account if you are already an admin.  Install FileMaker for all users.

I have had instances where that does not work either and have had to do a format and reinstall of Windows.  I have not gone beyond that since we have imaged installs and it is usually faster to reimage the system than to do an extensive troubleshoot.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 12 advanced cannot start from window 7 ultimate
            Lizhe

Sorry for the later reply, I was caught by another issues and didn't work on the problem until now. Here are the updates:

I did the complete installation as you suggested under the admin account. I can start the program without problem. When I login as a regular user account, the new installed FM pro was unable to open. But if I choose open as admin, FM pro can be opened. Any suggestions? Thanks.