1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 8:06 AM by LyndsayHowarth

Copy/Paste Object

Anirudh

Hello all,

I am develping a PoS solution using FM Pro advance 12. I have to develop table management also in it.

for the table management - I have to design a layout which will show how many the tables are arranged and the

place order for particular table.

I thought for this, There will be a setup for inserting tables and when I insert any new table, It will

add to "table management" layout dynamically.

Have anyone idea for this or any help document or any link that will be useful for me to develop this.

Is there any way to copy and paste any object thru script ? I found that we can copy/paste any field data but didn't

find any object like square, circle(that will represent table).

Thanks in advance...

Anirudh

--

• 1. Re: Copy/Paste Object
          LyndsayHowarth

Create a global field with the images you require. Make that field show repetitions for the maximum number of tables you might require. Paste or insert picture your images into the rows of the field. This field should probably be in your tables field or somewhere else accessable to all tables records.

Now what you have are images which can be shown or not shown by calculation... just by referring to the repetition number in your calculation.

Now... each table is either booked or unbooked... but may also be not set up.... for each sitting at the restaurant. They can be shown an hidden or colour coded... I can imagine many things you could do.

As far as images go, there are many free libraries of images out there which would have the necessary pictures of furniture you would require... just search google.

HTH

- Lyndsay