FM 12 was released almost exactly a year ago... Maybe 13 will be skipped because it might be bad luck. (?) Below are some requests from an intermediate developer in no particular order....
1. Ability to see options chosen from scripts right in the script editor window. Example: Script step, Sort Records [Restore No Dialog] has a sort behind it. It would be nice to see what the actual sort criteria are without clicking on the options button.
2. Ability to define summary variables in memory for use when reporting, rather than having to define them as fields in a table
3. A real programming script editor
4. Bugs fixed! Especially the import function, which has seen lots of airtime on the forums here.
5. Ability to reorder portal records, by using the double-headed arrow, as in reordering value lists.
6. A native "multi-option chooser" form, similar to the Sort Order window, which allows selecting multiple items from the left box of the form, and bring them over to the right box, and finally sorting the order in the right box.
7. Native Windows and Mac desktop runtimes that could be distributed for users of Server. "FileMaker Go Desktop" for $99.00 (or less). Working at the, um.... low end, with lots of non-profit clients, I'm having trouble upselling them to Server, let alone AS. There seems to be a hole in the middle of the purchasing hierarchy there somewhere that could be mitigated. The runtime could even be nailed down to a particular single application, i.e. a stripped down version of standard desktop FM.
8. Command "box" a la FoxPro, that would allow direct SQL commands as well as a "display memory" command to show current memory variables and their contents. (or at least add the latter to the Data Viewer, so that all current variables were displayed, not just the ones I remember asking for.
10. Allow Execute SQL query results to become the "found set".
11. Elimination of Java for the managment console in FMS and FMSA
12. Ability to change availability/platform of a file on the server at the server console... rather than or in addition to the "sharing" dialog for the file.