1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 12:10 AM by Ragupathi

I Cannot able Start web server

Ragupathi

Hi every one

past two day i am facing an error

Filemaker 12.09 to 12.4.43 update but now i am not able to start the Web server

I am getting this error MSG

FileMaker Server 12.0.4.405 on ADITYA DATABASE SERVER reported the following event:

Wed Apr 17 14:51:54 IST 2013 FMS WARNING wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

FileMaker Server 12.0.4.405 on ADITYA DATABASE SERVER reported the following event:

Wed Apr 17 10:56:26 IST 2013 FMS WARNING webserver

Some problems were detected in the WS COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

• 1. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
          wimdecorte

anything in the event logs (both FMS and Windows) that would yield a clue?

• 2. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
            mikebeargie

I also take it you've restarted the entire machine since the error stated "not responding".

• 3. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
              Mike Duncan

Did you set this up when installing FMS initially and install wpe and set up the web server as part of the initial deployment?

Have you tried running thru the deployment wizard again to see if that helps?

• 4. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                taylorsharpe

There are all kinds of things under the hood that an expert can do.  But that usually takes a lot of time and having an available expert.  Whenever this happens, I export the groups/scripts, run an uninstall of FMS, and then reinstall it and it has always fixed this type of problem for me. 

FYI, I assume IIS is up and running, right?  Can you type in http://127.0.0.1 and a web page come up?

• 5. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                  Ragupathi

Ya if i type http://127.0.0.1  IIS7  web page displaying

• 6. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                    taylorsharpe

Then my recommendation is to run the install software again and go through the initial setup of FileMaker Server.  That often fixes these types of problems. 

• 7. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                      Ragupathi

I just tried for repair the filemaker and as well as reinstall Filemaker 12.v4 and as well as IIS 7

but still i am getting same problems.

• 8. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                        taylorsharpe

Have you restarted the computer since doing the install repair?  Also, what operating system are you using? 

• 9. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                          Ragupathi

ya restart the server after repair and also after uninstall restart server after reinstall the IIS

• 10. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                            mikebeargie

Have you verified that your server hardware and OS meet the specifications required by filemaker?

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-server/server-12-specifications.html

• 11. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                              Ragupathi

Hi ya i check that hardward configuration also My Serevr

CPU Processor :Intel core duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHZ

Ram : 4GB

System Type : 64-Bit Operating System

HDD: 500GB (only for C Drive 100 GB free space 80GB )

Basic Technical Specification

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 * (64-bit)

Windows 7 Professional Edition SP1 * (64-bit)

Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP2 * (64-bit)

CPU: Dual Core

RAM: 4 GB

Hard drive: 80 GB (keep minimum 10 GB free space)

DVD drive (for boxed product)

CPU: Dual core

RAM: 8 GB

Hard drive: 80 GB (keep minimum 10 GB free space)

DVD drive (for boxed product)

Thanks support

please guide me to solve this problem

• 12. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                                Ragupathi

hi i found that in my log file error code

Deployment started at 16/4/13 5:06 PM

Deployment started at 17/4/13 12:24 PM
                                ---------------------------------
                                SETUP: PRECONFIGURE WEB SERVER

Stop web server                                             succeeded
                                Create app fmi-test                                         succeeded
                                Restart web server                                          succeeded
                                Start default web site                                      succeeded
                                Update WPE deployment configuration                         succeeded
                                Test web server (http://192.168.0.110:80/fmi-test/test.xml) succeeded

UNDO EXISTING DEPLOYMENT

Step 1: Unconfigure Web Publishing Engine (WPE):
                                Step 2: Unconfigure web server:

START DEPLOYMENT

Step 3: Save settings:
                                Save administrative configuration settings                  succeeded
                                Step 4: Configure Database server (DBS):
                                Set WPE Authorization Info                                  succeeded
                                Set XDBC AutoStart to no                                    succeeded
                                Update XDBC deployment configuration                        succeeded
                                Step 5: Configure AdminServer:
                                Save WPE deployment settings                                succeeded
                                Save web server deployment settings                         succeeded
                                Save DBS deployment settings                                succeeded
                                Restart WPE                                                Stopping the WPE(wpe1) component failed: error code = -1
                                Reindex log files                                           succeeded

Deployment completed at 17/4/13 12:25 PM

how to clear this error can any one help me in this case

• 13. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                                  peter_wu

Can you please take a look at IIS settings on CGI, ISAPI Extensions and ISAPI Filters, if they are not checked, check them, apply, restart web server. And then redeploy FMS with Web Publishing enabled.

This probably help.

• 14. Re: I Cannot able Start web server
                                    Ragupathi

Hi I Just reinstall the operating system windows server 2008 R2 and i Install Filemaker server 12 but now working and no error but i can not able to access the database file from client

1 2 Previous Next