1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 6:12 AM by ErikWegweiser

Extracting Database Design Report

bhavenpatel

Hello,

I am trying to extract my Database Design Report from a .fmp12 database using FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced. My database has about 256 tables and each table have varying number of fields in them. This database was created by someone who is no longer with the company and so I need to understand the data model so I can modify and maintain the existing database. The issue that I am running into is when I start the process that Saves the report, about halfway thru the process, for some reason, FMP 12 Advanced stops responding and then dies. The database is about 450MB and when I look at my computer's performance in task manager, I still have a lot of memory and a lot of hard drive space.

Any suggestions on how I can extract the DDR ?

• 1. Re: Extracting Database Design Report
          ErikWegweiser

Hi. At least to answer your question, you might try saving the file as a copy (clone) from within FileMaker and run the DDR from that. See also if saving a copy (compacted) solves that problem. There may be 'fragmentation' within the file that could be causing this and other performance issues. Hopefully it is not also corrupted.