4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2013 3:03 AM by gdurniak

Last Mac OS that will run Filemaker 6

RichardBurton

Hello Experts!

I have a client using a Mac who dug up a Filemaker 6 database I built years ago. Can someone tell me which Mac operating system stopped running Filemaker 6? Was it the one that stopped uning Rosetta? And which one was that? Sorry for being lazy and looking this all up. But I figure someone on this list could tell me right away. It's been years since I've dealt with FM6 (thank goodness).

Thank you!

Richard Burton

• 1. Re: Last Mac OS that will run Filemaker 6
          AlanStirling

Hi Richard

Why not just upgrade it to FMP 11?

Sounds like you just want to see what it does, so if some bits don't work, it won't be a disaster.

Best wishes - Alan Stirling, London UK.

• 2. Re: Last Mac OS that will run Filemaker 6
            RubenVanDenBoogaard

Hi Richard,

10.6 is the last OS to run FM 6

Best regards,

Ruben

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 20 apr. 2013 om 18:50 heeft RichardBurton <noreply@filemaker.com> het volgende geschreven:

created by RichardBurton in General - View the full discussion

Hello Experts!

I have a client using a Mac who dug up a Filemaker 6 database I built years ago. Can someone tell me which Mac operating system stopped running Filemaker 6? Was it the one that stopped uning Rosetta? And which one was that? Sorry for being lazy and looking this all up. But I figure someone on this list could tell me right away. It's been years since I've dealt with FM6 (thank goodness).

Thank you!

Richard Burton

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in General by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2013 • San Diego, California • August 12-15 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 3. Re: Last Mac OS that will run Filemaker 6
              RichardBurton

Why would you make that assumption? My client wants to run it as is. An upgrade from FM6 to FM11 to FM12 is time-consuming an costly. But thanks for responding.

Richard

• 4. Re: Last Mac OS that will run Filemaker 6
                gdurniak

Long Live FileMaker 6 !  The last great version.  Drop dead simple, and idiot proof

greg

> Why would you make that assumption? My client wants to run it as is