1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 2:05 AM by Fred(CH)

Viewing PDFs in IWP

AllegroDataSolutions

It's been literally years since I used IWP and I am currently adapting several layouts of a clients database for use with it now. One layout has a tab control with a single container field on each tab. Each container field is optimized for interactive content. Each contains a pdf.

The problem is, when the file is shared with IWP, the user can see only the name of the pdf file, rather than being able to view its contents. Worse, if you are using IE9, as most of its users are, clicking on the name of the pdf file does not open it, or save it, or anything. (The screen just flashes as IE tries to save it and fails). I realize that the latter issue is a problem with IE, but it would be moot if the pdfs would just display in the container field. I don't remember whether this was supposed to be possible in IWP. I was hoping that someone who uses it regularly could tell me. (I don't care for it myself and discourage clients from using it, but this one is a very small nonprofit org with limited funds, so there is no other choice.)

Thanks.