2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 6:29 AM by Benjamin Fehr

Recommendation needed Credit Card Processing Plugin

LauraZ.

Hello all,

Always good to hear others' experiences.

Do we have a recommendable solution (plugin + swiper) that allows my team with Internet access on iPads with FMGo to swipe a credit card for their payment option, bounce back from the Gateway account and give Go solution the results?

Thank you!!

Laura Z.

• 1. Re: Recommendation needed Credit Card Processing Plugin
          PSI

Hi Laura,

I doubt you are going to find a 3rd party iOS application that will process cc transactions and let you send the result back to FM Go. There are a few like Square but due to PCI compliance I'm sure they are locked down.

You will need to come up with a way to run transactions from FileMaker. There are a few methods. I have one, sorry for the plug, CCQ-FM. It works without any plugins and is PCI Certified.Another option is to use a web page, linked to your FM db to process transactions.

Unlike the desktop where you can plug in a USB mag stripe reader and it acts like a keyboard extension you can't to that on iOS.

The mag stripe reader needs to be programmed to a specific program.  We created CardSwipe to solve this problem.

You can read about both at www.ccq-fm.com

John Morina

PSI, Inc.

CCQ-FM, Inc.

• 2. Re: Recommendation needed Credit Card Processing Plugin
            Benjamin Fehr

Hi Laura

This might lead into the right direction. I use a iApp as a middleware to controll and read the swipe-reader to get the Card-N° into FMGo. The iApp get's prompted by a open-URL task in FMGo, the iApp set's a Vars that can be pasted into FMGo field.

There should be iApps which also deal the transaction-request with the payment-service.

Also check solutions like GoPayment

http://www.intuit.com

Good luck