mariusjostfm

How "crippled" is an exe made by FM Pro 11 advanced

Discussion created by mariusjostfm on Apr 30, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2013 by mikebeargie

Hello,

I have read a lot in this forum and many other forums and websites... however, I am so very undecided about what to do..

I am looking for your opinion on how you would market a very comprehensive, well tested template:

I have developped, over the last 2 years, a powerful business to business sales/CRM/warehouse/invoicing template for rental companies with some very sophisticated features. Of course, as so many other FM Projects, this was a custom app development project for a startup and they love it and use it 90 percent of their time. The USP is that B2B businesses can speed up their sales tremendously.

- I know that this is kind of an European niche application, but niche apps can do well because often there is no other good solution at hand.

- I play with the thought of converting this to an exe with FM pro 11 Advanced. However, I use (need) PDF output and thumbnails creation (via apple script for mac and via imagemagic for PC)... 

- Another possibility would be to give the whole filemaker solution to an developper and tell him or her to copy all ideas 1:1 and create a web-enable application (EXPENSIVE)

- And last but not least, I could try to sell the template as is to a FM-loving company that also is in the rental business. (already sounds like a bad idea)

To be honest, i currently think it would make most sense to try to produce an exe file with FM Pro 11 Advanced and keep the system to a "stand-alone" non-networked level. However, who needs software that does not network in the times of the cloud...?

I am really insecure with this and hope to get a feeling for all this by listening to your opinions and experiences.

Thanks for any feedback

Marius

Outcomes