2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2013 8:08 PM by Fred(CH)

how can I create an up to date inventory report from a start up solution?

khutchison

Hello

I'm using filemaker pro 11 start up solution to create an inventory and billing solution. My problem is when I create a new invoice I never know if I still have any inventory left and I never know what to reorder in my inventory because I do not have an accurate inventory report of what is left and what I need to reorder?

If anyone has any ideas it would be great

Thanks

Ken

• 1. Re: how can I create an up to date inventory report from a start up solution?
          taylorsharpe

When you create an Order, the product number should be related to the product number in your inventory so that you can see what is left in your inventory.  When you finalize the order (e.g., make it into an invoice and ship the units), then those quantities get removed from inventory.  If you don't want to use a relationship with product back to the inventory table, you can alternatively use an ExecuteSQL function to verify the quantity of a product you are ordering to make sure you have it in inventory. 

• 2. Re: how can I create an up to date inventory report from a start up solution?
            Fred(CH)

Hi taylorshare,

Ken told he is using FMP v11 that doesn't have SQL Function. This is brand new function of 12.

Hi Ken,

A side of this, taylorshare is right. Considering this few fields :

Invoice::Number

Invoice::Customer

Invoice::Grand Total

Invoice Item::Product ID

Invoice Item::Product Detail

Invoice Item::Quantity

Product::Product ID

Product::Name

Create a relationship between your Invoice Item table and Product table, based on both Product ID. Then, you can create a new calculation Field on your Products table, Named for instance Product::Left, that perform following formmula : Sum ( Invoice Item::Quantity ).

I hope this could help you...

Bye, Fred