4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 2:27 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Active display on container fields stops working - server Adobe plugin?

Mike_Mitchell

Good day. I have a client who's run into a strange error. I have a solution using container fields (externally stored, FileMaker 12), in which the client has stored some number of PDF documents. These are stored in a container field set to "active content". Since Friday, the containers have suddenly stopped displaying the content of the documents. Instead, they churn for a while and instead display the standard IE "can't find this" error page:

error.jpg

No, this is not being displayed in a web viewer; it really is a container field. If I switch the container to "images", then the PDF will display (only the portion that will fit in the container), but, of course, I lose all the active controls.

This occurs regardless of which client is logged in and regardless of privilege set. I'm not 100% savvy on exactly where the Adobe plugin needs to be installed, but, when I access the production database from my Mac, I get the odd behavior. However, the development system hosted on my Mac works properly. This would seem to indicate the plugin has been uninstalled or otherwise monkeyed up on the production server.

Opinions (before I go leap up and down on the hosting company)?

TIA

Mike