AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM12 database does not appear in ODBC connection

Question asked by pcourterelle on May 6, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 by submarine

Hi...I would like to use a FM12 DB as a data source but the dbs do not appear in the connection I create the System DSN data source. I get the ever-helpful "there was a problem connection to the Host" error message.

I've gone through all of the documentation that I can find on the FM ODBC drivers and their setup, including this troubleshooting guide, and various FM Forums, Reddit and others but so far no love.

The basic setup is below. I assume I've missed something but it is not jumping out at me.

1. ODBC is enabled on the server.

2. ODBC sharing was enabled on the test database prior to uploading to the server (see comment below).

3. ODBC extended permissions are enabled for all users on the test database.

4. Port 2388 is open

5. Read/Write Permissions on the ExtensionsÛC directory are not restricted.

Filemaker Server 12 Advanced (v12.02.232)

Windows 2008 R2 64 bit

Filemaker ODBC 64 bit driver 12.2.94

The documentation notes that there should be a xDBC plugin located in the ExtensionsÛC directory. There is a xDBCListener app and support DLLs in that directory but no plugin. Is there a separate xDBC plugin?

The test FM database is simple, with only two fields and one record. I enabled ODBC sharing on the database before uploading it to the server. When I log in to the database remotely on server, the ODBC sharing is turned off and grayed out I assume this is because the server is handling the ODBC connections rather than FMPro?

The server is also running McAffee anti virus software. Could McAffee be blocking the ODBC connection?

many thanks in advance.

cheers

p

Outcomes