1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2013 3:03 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Script PDF / Email via Web Publishing

ajayz

Hello

I've built an online (web) induction database which allows contractors to more between 5 screens answering questions and then when they click a button to complete the induction; a script runs to create a PDF of these questions answers and their details. This is then automatically attached to an email and sent to defaut email addresses.

The script works fine when running wihin FileMaker, however when I try to run it via the WEB it doesn't work.

In checking my script via "Show Compatibility" for Instant Web Publishing the following dont' work and I'm not sure how to work around this.

I need a PDF of these questions sent to a particular email.

(I've attached the script used)

Script.jpg

• 1. Re: Script PDF / Email via Web Publishing
          Mike_Mitchell

About the only way I know of to work around this is to set up your script to run on a robot client. You have a computer running Pro (either a dedicated workstation or on the server itself) running an OnTimer script that checks every 1 - 2 minutes for the existence of a flag on one or more records, indicating a report ready to be run. The client then produces the PDF and sends it off.

HTH

Mike