1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2013 5:40 AM by TomHays

Reasons runtimes fail?

kap

I've created a runtime solution in FM Pro Adv 12. It works without any problems on both my Macs running Lion, Mountain Lion and Windows 7.

However it's not working on machines (OS X and Windows) used by my client - on some machines it works, on others it doesn't

(I.e. the solution quits immediately upon being double clicked).

The machines themselves seem to easily meet the minimum requirements to run FM.

I'm sure they're not renaming or moving any of the solution files.

What other reasons are there for runtime solutions to fail? (looking for as many possibilities as I can)

Related question: Will a runtime created using Windows 7 work on other versions of Windows?

Kind regards,

Kap

• 1. Re: Reasons runtimes fail?
          TomHays

kap wrote:

However it's not working on machines (OS X and Windows) used by my client - on some machines it works, on others it doesn't

(I.e. the solution quits immediately upon being double clicked).

What other reasons are there for runtime solutions to fail? (looking for as many possibilities as I can)

• Incompatible FileMaker plug-ins (note that there are several locations that can contain FileMaker plug-ins)
          • Incompatible third-party software such as malware infestation or overenthusiastic malware protection tools

On Mac OS X I would check the system.log file (Applications/Utilities/Console.app) to see what it says at the time of the crash.

kap wrote:

Related question: Will a runtime created using Windows 7 work on other versions of Windows?

Yes.

The runtime compatibility depends on the FileMaker software installed, not the OS.

-Tom